23 Jul 2007 iStockphoto Increasing their Lead
iStockphoto released a press release today.
- They’re declaring Punctum Day – a special day for creative professionals on August 19
- Upload limitations will be removed for exclusive contributors on this day and the day prior
- They’re taking votes for the best images and artists of the year in eight categories with prizes totaling US$40,000
- Exclusive contributors will receive a 100% royalty on a secret date sometime in the next two months
- Qualification for exclusivity has dropped from 500 sales to 250 sales for contributors with a 50% or higher approval rate
- Gold level contributors will join Diamonds in contributing images to the Getty Image Photodisc
- They’re also raising the price of credits to US$1.30 on Punctum Day
iStockphoto are, by most measures, the market dominator. Far from resting in the top position, they continue to innovate and try new things. The quantity of changes in this press release indicates just how seriously they’re taking continued innovation.
Is it any wonder iStockphoto has more traffic and get more press than any other agency? Their press releases are frequent. Many are even about newsworthy events.