01 Aug 2007 Microstock Earnings Report July 2007
July was a real surprise. I was expecting earnings to be lower than June but they’ve gone up a little. Last year July was lower than June. Other microstockers had the same expectation, but many experienced a similar slight rise in July.
We added only a small number of new images to our portfolios this month. Most of what we contributed was to our newer agencies, so as a result the earnings per image for those agencies have come down to more familiar levels.
|Agency||Earnings US$||Portfolio Size||Per Photo||Percentage|
- Most agencies were slightly up on last month with notable exceptions of iStockphoto and LuckyOliver
- Another extended license sale at LuckyOliver this month, the second month in succession
- The StockXpert Per Photo rate is now down among the others after we contributed additional images
- Fotolia were slightly down even though their website was unavailable for half of last month
- I added Crestock to the chart this month. Earnings more than doubled.