Serban Enache is founder, CEO and owner of microstock agency Dreamstime. Along with his best friend and parter Dragos Jianu, he created Dreamstime out of an internal database his website development company, Archi-web, used to share photos among their designers. He’s based in his home country of Romania where Dreamstime is headquartered.
Aside from creating and running Dreamstime, Serban is known for being an architect, web designer and photographer.
Dreamstime clients will recognize him by his username Achilles.
Lives in Romania | Continues to manage Archi-Web | Family man | Adores shooting photos, cooking and driving fast | Even agency CEOs can contribute photos of sunsets
Serban was educated as an architect and town planner in Romania, specializing in Design Studies. He relies heavily on this educational background in his current roles, but like many founders of microstock agencies he comes from a background in web design. He remains owner and managing director of Romanian based web design firm, Archi-Web, who have expanded their base of high profile clients well beyond eastern Europe.
In a familiar story, Dreamstime arose in 2000 as an in-house database for Archi-web to fulfill a need to share photos among their designers. Serban opened Dreamstime to the public in 2004, adopting the inclusive microstock model.
Signs of Success
- Created a web design firm with sustained success over 10 years
- Balances a successful web design firm and a successful microstock agency
- Owner and CEO of one of the largest microstock agencies in the market
- Has taught CAD (Computer Aided Design) at University
- Keeps the peace at Dreamstime ensuring both buyers and contributors get what they need
Posted November 12th, 2007 by Lee Torrens