18 Aug 2010 Win a Signed Copy of Microstock Money Shots
Ellen Boughn’s book, Microstock Money Shots (review), hits shelves and online bookstores next Tuesday. Here’s an opportunity to win yourself one of two signed copies, to be posted by Ellen herself on the day the book comes out. But first, here’s a quick interview I recorded with Ellen about the book and other things.
(apologies for the low quality – I had my recording software set to low resolution and didn’t check it)
How to Win
Just describe your best microstock tip in the comments. Ellen will choose the two best answers on Tuesday. Winners will be notified directly by email and announced at the bottom of this post.
Here’s the rules:
- Entries close at midnight UTC-3, Monday, August 23, 2010
- One tip per comment. You can enter more than once by submitting tips in separate comments
- Tips need to relate to microstock photography
- Duplicate tips will not be eligible to win, so make sure you’re first with your tip or submit something else
Winners will be contacted by email to obtain their postal details, so make sure you type your email address correctly in the “email” field of the comment form. Don’t put your email address or postal address in the “body” of the comment or they will be visible to everybody.
Tips don’t have to be your own invention – it’s fine to post tips you’ve heard from other people.
The two winners are:
- Bruno Coutant: “Make a plan. Write a storyboard. Research the theme or subject and the location.”
- Iza: “Be careful with your post-processing and view your finished image at 100%- my images are most often rejected for real or perceived noise!”
Thanks to everyone for their participation and great tips. If you didn’t win, you can pick up your copy of the book here.